Written By: Aroma Ramay ( Content Writer )
The Chocolate Eclair is originated during the nineteenth century in France where it was called “pain a la duchesse” until 1850. Éclair means “lightning” in French. It is a menu of French Cuisine. Antonin Careme invented Chocolate Éclair, the famous French chef. It was first published in 1884 in Boston Cooking School Book by Mrs. A.A Lincoln. It usually has a creamy vanilla pastry cream filling. It’s almost like vanilla pudding and is not too sweet. People get confused between chocolate eclair and Long John, but the main difference is Long John is a USA dessert which is made out of doughnut dough, usually fried while Éclairs are made of choux dough.
Chocolate Eclair is usually taken as a dessert or to fulfill the cravings, and mostly loved by youngsters and sweet lovers.
- Milk 500 ml
- Sugar 1 cup or to taste
- Vanilla essence ½ tablespoon
- Milk ½ cup
- Water ½ cup
- Butter 100gms
- Sugar ¼ cup
- Salt 1 pinch
- Sifted All-purpose flour 1 cup
- 3 small eggs
- Cooking chocolate 1 cup
- Cream ¾ cup
- Add milk in a pot, and bring it to boil
- Add sugar and mix well
- Now add vanilla essence and mix well
- Add custard powder in milk, and mix well
- In boiling milk, add dissolve custard, whisk continuously and cook until custard is thick and strain with the help of a strainer and whisk continuously until cooled down (room temperature)
- Refrigerate until use
- In a pot, add milk, water butter, and sugar, salt, mix well and cook on low flame for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the flame, add all-purpose flame and mix until well combined
- Turn on the flame and cook on low flame until dough is formed ( approximately 2-3 minutes)
- Let it rest for 3-4 minutes
- Add egg, one by one and mix until well combined
- In a piping bag, add prepared dough mixture
- Place butter paper on a baking tray and sprinkle all-purpose flour on it
- Pour prepared dough into the pipe from a baking tray (using large nozzle)
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200 C for 10 minutes then reduce temperature to 180 C for 30-35 minutes
- Cooldown the éclair completely on a wire rack (makes 18-20)
- Add cooking chocolate, cream in a bowl and microwave the ingredients for a minute and mix well
- Make a hole, fill éclair with prepared custard through the bottom then dip the top into melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip off and refrigerate
- Garnish with melted white chocolate and serve!
Your Chocolate Eclair is ready.
You can also eat them by chocolate topping! And Enjoy!
Benefits of Ingredients:
- All-purpose flour: is suitable for all types of baked goods such as bread, biscuits, pizza, cookies, muffins, etc. it is also used in thickening gravies and sauces. It is enriched with vitamins and minerals
- Milk: is rich in calcium, protein, potassium, which help builds healthy bones and teeth, maintain bone mass. function a source of energy, build and repair muscle tissue, helps maintain a healthy vital sign
- Cooking chocolate: very nutritious, a powerful source of antioxidants, may improve blood flow and lower vital sign, raise HDL and protects LDL from oxidation, may reduce heart condition risk, may protect your skin from the sun
- Vanilla essence: use to treat intestinal gas and fever. People also use it to extend concupiscence. it’s a renowned flavoring, added to foods to scale back the quantity of sugar. Help stop cavity
- Cream: rich in nutrients, such as vitamin A, choline, calcium, and phosphorus. All cream products, including light cream, whipping cream, and half-and-half, are lower in fat.