Written By: Aroma Ramay ( Content Writer )
Chicken Wonton is basically a Chinese dish. Chinese used wonton in a Chinese soup and is mostly loved by them. Before World War II, it was only enjoyed by elite class families but now it became more widespread.
Wontons are square wrapper sheets made of a dough skin made of flour, egg, water, and salt, with a small amount of filling in the center and can be sealed in any desired shape by compressing the edges of the wrappers together.
Wonton is the traditional food in China, viewed to be a sealed bun without holes.
But when it comes to Pakistani cuisine, chicken wonton will be served as a starter and called chicken wonton because of chicken filling.
- Chicken boneless 250 gms
- Chopped Green onion 2 cups
- Green chilies 7-8
- Capsicum 1 medium
- Soy sauce 1 tablespoon
- Black pepper powder ½ tablespoon
- Chicken cube ½
- Oil 1 tablespoon
- Salt ¼ tablespoon or to taste
- 1 beaten egg
- Wonton wraps
- Oil for frying
You can make wontons of your desired shape
- Tap dry chicken boneless cubes with the tissue.
- In chopper, add chicken boneless cubes, scallion, green chilies, capsicum, soy sauce, black pepper powder, chicken cube, oil, salt, and chop until well combined and put aside.
- Take wonton wrap, add 1 tablespoon mixture within the center, apply egg at the sides, fold in a triangular shape, and seal all sides.
- Apply prod one side of triangle and overlap to make wonton shape (make 25-30).
- Now, fry until golden brown.
- It can be stored up to at least one month in the freezer.
Nutrition per serving:
Single wonton contains a total of 30 calories
1.2 grams Fat
0.5 grams of Fibre
And 0.9 grams of Protein
Wontons are so delicious that it’s not even worth making or eating a few. A single wonton has about 5 Gms and you can take 20 Gms for a day that’s not so extra. Chinese foods are most likely Keto-friendly than other diets, moreover, many Chinese cuisines are more likely to be Keto friendly. So this is especially intaken by diet conscious people. Just steam the wontons and add some soy sauce on it or take some broccoli or vegetables to make it taste better.
Chinese mostly take wonton soups, as it is the main dish of Chinese cuisine.
Benefits of Ingredients:
- Chicken: Rich in protein, best in muscle growth and development. It also controls body homocysteine aminoalkanoic acid levels which if too high can cause the disorder.
- Capsicum: a superb source of vitamin A, C, E, B6, and folate. Also an honest source of dietary fiber. Red capsicum contains more vitamins and sugar than green capsicum.
- Green Chili: it’s great for a healthy diet, improve skin regime, a perfect cure for a stressful week, lower your blood heat, natural source of iron, also balance body sugar levels, improve your system, pain reliever, digestive and ulcer preventive.
- Soy sauce: an honest source of Vitamin B3, certain minerals including iron, phosphorous, and manganese.
- Black Pepper: high in antioxidants, has anti-inflammatory properties, may benefit your brain, improve blood glucose control, lower cholesterol levels, have cancer-fighting properties. it’s a multifaceted spice.
- Egg: may be a rich source of cheap and top quality protein. half the protein is found in albumen, which incorporates vitamin B2 and a lower amount of fat than the yolk. Also rich in selenium, vitamin D, B6, B12, and minerals like zinc, iron, and copper, etc.
- Green onion: are excellent sources of vitamin A, C, and K. it’s very low in saturated fat, cholesterol, and sodium. Also an honest source of thiamin, folate, magnesium, zinc, and dietary fiber like calcium, iron, potassium, and manganese.